Once the ESB Exception database connection string has been configured, BizTalk360 allows users to query the exception database for the list of exception messages. BizTalk360 will pick up the exception messages from the exception database and display them in the UI. The transport layer in the BizTalk360 architecture is responsible to communicate with the ESB exception database in the BizTalk server environment and fetch the exception information. (Refer the BizTalk360 Architecture to understand more about how this works).
Follow the steps as shown below to query the exception database and retrieve the exception list:
- Log in to the BizTalk360 application
- Click the 'Operations' tab in the navigation panel
- Click the expand button against 'ESB Portal' tab and select 'ESB Exception Data' link
- In the ESB Exception Management screen, under Build Query Expression;
- Maximum Records - Select the number of records to be fetched from the exception database. Ex. 10, 25, 50, 100....
- Match - This option needs to be selected if any additional filter options are selected. By default the value of this field is "All of the following".
- Add a filter - To filter the results based on different parameters such as Application, Fault Code, Fault Category, Error Type, Severity, Datetime, Description, Exception Message, and Exception Stack Trace. Once the filter criteria is selected, you will automatically see the values for the filter getting listed in the drop down. Ex. Fault Code, Is Equal To, 6000. When Fault Code is selected from the drop down, the value 6000 & other fault codes will automatically be listed in the drop down. The user can select the required value.
- The operator in most cases is 'Is Equal To'. But in the case of the category 'Datetime', the operator will be 'On or Before' or 'On or Later'.
- X - To delete the filter criteria.
- Once a filter item is chosen from the drop down and while adding a new filter, the previously selected item will not be visible in the drop down.
- Click Execute Query to get the ESB exceptions list from the exception database.
- The Query Results section displays the list of ESB exceptions
- BizTalk360 v8.0 allows users to export the Query Results. Click Export to Excel link to download the report to your computer.
Click the sliders to view the process of generating the ESB exceptions list.