BizTalk360 contains a monitoring service specifically to collect the throttling performance counter data from various servers in the environment. The service collects the throttling information of the host/host instances configuration every 15 seconds. Throttling Analyser feature in BizTalk360 plots them in a graph that will help the user to understand the different states of the host/host instances during a time range. The support users may/may not have sufficient information about the throttling state and the mitigation strategy to reduce the throttling conditions of the host/host instance. This is where Knowledge Base articles can be really helpful for support people to understand the problem and identify a solution.
Adding New KB Article For Throttling Data
Let's say throttling activity of a host instance is being monitored and at a point of time the monitoring service plots the throttling state against the 'System Memory'. Once the reason and a mitigation strategy is identified for the throttling, as a best practice, the information can be documented so that it could be handy for support personnel when they encounter a similar situation.
- Log in to the application
- Click Knowledge Base icon at the top of the page
- Click Throttling Data in the Manage Knowledge Base articles page
- Click Add New to create a new KB article
- In the Add New Knowledge base Article page, enter/select the following information. Only when environment is selected from the drop down, the application will allow the selection the other items.
- Article Title – Give a meaningful name for the article
- Event ID – Add the throttling state value (ex: 4-process memory, 5- system memory, 10 – user override etc.)
Article Description – Enter the detailed information for the KB Article in the text editor space provided. The text can be formatted with the appropriate font/colors/bold/italics and so on
Environment – Choose the environment for which the KB Article is to be displayed. If the default option (Choose Environment) is chosen, the KB article will be applied to all the environments.
- Computer name – Select the computer name in which the throttling data is being collected
- Host name – Select the host for which the throttling information is collected
- Click Save and Close to save the KB article for the corresponding throttling data
- Click Save and Add Another to save the KB article and immediately create another new KB article
Close - to close the KB article creation window and display the list of created KB articles. It will prompt the user with a confirmation message as 'Are you sure you want to close?'. Click OK to close the KB article creation window.