In BizTalk360, it is very easy to set up endpoint monitoring of web services. In a typical BizTalk environment, the applications may have to connect to external web endpoints. In these cases, the administrators can set up endpoint monitoring to monitor the status of web services to validate whether they return the expected status codes.
BizTalk360 allows the administrators to set up web endpoints monitoring for the web services in the solution and validate the actual response code against the expected return code. If there is a mismatch between actual and expected returned codes BizTalk360 will alert the administrator with the information.
Setting up monitoring for Web End points
- Log in to the BizTalk360 application
- Click 'Monitoring and Notification' in the Menu panel on the left side of the screen
- Select 'BizTalk Environment' from the drop down in the top right corner of the screen
- In the top right corner of the page, select the Alarm name (see Creating an alarm) for which you would like to associate the alerts
- In the list of system resources at the top, select Web Endpoints
- Click New WebEndpoint button to set up monitoring for the web endpoints
- Enter the Friendly Name for the Alert, add the endpoint URL and select the expected return code
- Click ⇒ to add the connection settings (if any for the web endpoint)
- Click OK to Save the web endpoint monitoring information